Moderators: Greg Philippon, Bernhardt Lockner

mtausig
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Tausig
Graduation Year: 1966

Michael Tausig - Class of ‘66

Post by mtausig »

Hello.
I am writing on behalf of my father, Michael Tausig, as his health is rapidly declining, with hospice involved. As of today, 8/6/20, the physician team with hospice believes he will pass within the next few days. Without going in to a ton of detail, he has suffered from a myriad of complex medical conditions for years. 3 months ago we began seeing minute instances of dementia and a pretty severe blood disorder. Sadly, or thankfully - depending on how one chooses to look at it- his dementia worsened VERY quickly and compounded the fact that he lives in excruciating pain. After much consultation with his medical caregivers and hospice, the decision was made to transition to hospice. It has been both gut wrenching and heartbreaking to watch my dad, a truly great man with a lengthy list of professional personal achievements, whither away as he nears his end. During this time, I ask for your thoughts, prayers, juju, good vibes, tree hugging, or chanting while dancing naked in the moonlight...whatever it is that you rely on or practice, we would appreciate the thoughts. My son and I moved to Hemet, CA three years ago to help with all my dad’s issues. While difficult to watch, it is wonderful to be here and allow him to be at home and surrounded by those who love him. My mother has been by his side for 48 years, and appreciates any good thoughts and prayers you can muster.

Please feel free to contact me outside the forum if you knew my dad or would like further information. My email is:

mike@tausig.net

Thank you.
Mike Tausig (Jr)
for my father:
Michael Tausig - Class of 1966
Attachments
89F334CF-5C4D-40BB-89F5-9DEC37FF4004.jpeg
89F334CF-5C4D-40BB-89F5-9DEC37FF4004.jpeg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 60623 times
mtausig
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Tausig
Graduation Year: 1966

Re: Michael Tausig - Class of ‘66

Post by mtausig »

On Wednesday, 8/12/2020, my dad passed away at exactly 6:30pm. He was in his home, in his bed, with my mother, aunt Kathy (his sister), and myself surrounding him while holding his hands and telling him how much he was loved. The world lost a beautiful human today. His entire life was devoted to music and to helping others realize its power. I will forever miss him.